Top Fav Time Travel MoviesI love all things time travel. I guess that’s one of the reasons why I started writing a time travel series. I decided to write for middle-grade/YA readers, starting with The Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis, debuting May 18th through Musa Publishing. I thought it would be fun and fitting to do a little time traveling in my mind (with the help of my trusty search engine) and recall what movies had planted their seeds and rooted me firmly in this genre. It was tough to nail five picks from so many to choose, but ultimately I went for how the movie left me feeling when it was over. I still could have made the list bigger, but after careful consideration, I was happy with my decisions. So, without further ado, my top five fav time travel screen gems…
- Back to the Future (1985)—Michael J. Fox and Hello, McFly? Can you hear me, McFly?
- The Terminator (1984)—Arnold came back, all right. Two more times!
- Somewhere in Time (1980)—Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour together again. And again. And again.
- Time after Time (1979)—time traveling H.G. Wells versus Jack the Ripper.
- Timeline (2003)—stop groaning, despite the terrible acting, Michael Crichton wrote a good time travel yarn worthy of the screen.